Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hear me oh civilization!

They feast on our flesh while we sleep.  They try to control us as we move about.  They want to know our information and our time.  Who is they?  

I find these questions as I watch any TV news show or read the popular news sites.  CNN, Drudge Report, Yahoo, Google, MSN, NY Times, Politico.  Who are these people?  There are too many agendas clouding and clawing at us.  All these distractions to keep us passionate about nothing, but passionate about it.  The powers of this world always trying to exert their influence.  They direct us to and fro trying to sell us on products and ideas.  They are trying to divide us and put us into their neat little boxes that have brought them so much comfort.  

I want to talk about real things.  God, poverty, war, religion... take your pick, there are many more.  I don't want to regurgitate someone else's opinions or conclusions.  In particular, I want to talk about poverty.

I feel guilty that I do not seek out the poor or take care of the widows.  What do I do?  So often I am approached on the street for some spare change and ALWAYS my answer is, "Sorry, I can't help you" or "Nope, don't have any."  I don't remember that last time I looked upon them as people.  I join the ranks of hypocrites claiming to be Christ Followers but disdaining those who ask me for real help.  Please forgive me, give me another chance.

No comments: