Friday, December 12, 2008

Strangers We Become

From behind the stained glass I peer into space
Aware of those familiar things; I observe
My senses key in on the sounds, the smells, the sight
There are many people rushing about 

Where are they going?  What are they doing?  They all have a story
The seas of people going about their business leaves me feeling disconnected
This is the purgatory of confusion and discontent
My body works against the demands of my mind

I am not sovereign nor am I slave
I am a free man who needs to serve his  master
My fear is not of human institution nor fear of loss
It is humility I seek; knowledge, wisdom, discernment, understanding

To wake up knowing you are no longer you 
Your new wires send new signals aligning your body and mind
The Spirit now guides this vessel
Now a stranger in the bustle, but with clarity I wander no more.

No comments: