Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Masquerade

This despair is upon us now
it is masked in pleasant contentment
it is a charade of poison which is sweet at the first touch to the lips

We have fled to our own reasoning
it has betrayed our first love
our knowledge is a plunged dagger in the back

When we were younger we could clearly see truth
our youth confirmed our passion
We visited miracles and dined in the company of Christ

Now, with experience has come doubt
with doubt has come fear
and fear has clouded our infant truth like a thick fog

Our hope now remains with in the prayers of others
as we swagger in this world's religion of self
those that are left behind are shattered 

But in this weakness there is true strength
God's love is abounding and his presence overwhelming
Through His power and mercy we can rise from our own ashes

God Bless you.....


3 comments:

Jason said...

I pray that, in my experiences and trials, I have not totally become this disenfranchisement. I will be transparent here, and say that some of me certainly has. I recently fell in love with a girl who is not a believer. It amounted to nothing, but I could certainly sense that my love for her (which truly was love) didn't equal the same love I have had for women who are believers. That common bond of Christ simply wasn't there. That made the potential relationship more complicated. I will say that I looked past this to see her for who she is. I saw much that was undesirable, but I also saw the hand-print of God on her. I hope I never loose that ability, and that I never see that for more than it is. A simple signature of the Artist.

Erik said...

Thank you for your transparency! That bond we have in Christ Jesus the Risen Lord (AKA the Riz) is such an important glue. I'm glad you are still sensitive to its compound. I also like what you said about seeing the hand-print of God... we are after-all crafted in HIS image. I am sorry for the pain you must have felt and may indeed still feel from this tear.

Jason said...

Thanks. Yeah, the pain is quite abundant, but I am very much over her. She is beautiful, but not for me. She will be for someone else. There is much healing in the realization of this fact. I wish her well, no mater how much pain she has caused me. Make no mistake, she has caused all of the pain in this encounter.